- An open letter to students receiving standardized test scores
- Why do I have to take history and social studies?
- When should you start preparing for finals? Map to success.
- Test Scores: Whats REALLY important?
- SAT/ACT prep
- Don’t have a sit down strike about the SAT for goodness sake!
- college fairs are coming
- In a panic about SAT/ACT tests
- A quick note–I am re-doing most of my posts for this blog
- Ways to help develop your purpose and your confidence
- School difficulties and heartbreak? I can help you get your self-esteem back
- Dreams are illustrations
- A resource for grammar
- IEP time: ADA backs you up on this
- You, too can be special to the admissions officer: yes, you!
- Learning along with you
- Dyslexia poem
- Dyslexia research findings
- National dyslexia statistics
- Wiring of a Dyslexic Brain
Calendar of posts
February 2020 S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Author Archives: Kate Kresse
This is the time of year when students (and their parents) spring into high gear when it comes toSAT AND ACT test preparation. There are countless test preparation books and courses available to students on that very subject. There are other … Continue reading
I have been made aware that putting complete postings that originated elsewhere may be a violation of the WordPress agreement unless specific permission has been granted. This is even if I include the link and make it clear who the … Continue reading
Do you feel adrift, purposeless, or clueless? Does your student or teen seem adrift or undefined? Do they lack that spark or glow you wish they had? Sometimes it helps to get them writing. I don’t care if the writing … Continue reading
“Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you”. Marsha Norman. My soul has been writing a metaphorical book for a long time. The book is about learning, becoming, developing your unique combination of talents for the sheer … Continue reading
Do you have trouble with using proper grammar? Do you have problems teaching it to your children? Here is a resource that I highly recommend. She goes back to basics. she teaches diagramming step-by-step. Besides the book she also provides … Continue reading
Parents~ It is spring. That means it is time for IEP (Individual Education Plan) meetings with teachers and administration. Remember, if you have a documented diagnosis for your student, schools are required to prepare an IEP and hold meetings that … Continue reading