- An open letter to students receiving standardized test scores
- Why do I have to take history and social studies?
- When should you start preparing for finals? Map to success.
- Test Scores: Whats REALLY important?
- SAT/ACT prep
- Don’t have a sit down strike about the SAT for goodness sake!
- college fairs are coming
- In a panic about SAT/ACT tests
- A quick note–I am re-doing most of my posts for this blog
- Ways to help develop your purpose and your confidence
- School difficulties and heartbreak? I can help you get your self-esteem back
- Dreams are illustrations
- A resource for grammar
- IEP time: ADA backs you up on this
- You, too can be special to the admissions officer: yes, you!
- Learning along with you
- Dyslexia poem
- Dyslexia research findings
- National dyslexia statistics
- Wiring of a Dyslexic Brain
Calendar of posts
March 2017 S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Author Archives: Kate Kresse
Previously, I published excerpts from a letter that a friend shared with me. She said that a principal sent it home to the students. Here is the link to that post https://aceitnow.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/test-scores-whats-really-important/ In recent feedback, I was told that the … Continue reading
As you know, I am a tutor. I am already hounding my students to review, review, review. But this method can help all of us improve learning. Final exams are still many weeks away. Students are immersed in the day-to-day … Continue reading
A friend of a friend shared this with me today. I love this. My friend said: My daughter’s new elementary school principle sent this to all the students as they received their state standardized testing scores this week: “We are concerned … Continue reading
A resource for a free SAT/ACT preparation class Posted on September 19, 2013by Kate Kresse My friend Katharine Trauger made me aware of a free SAT/ACT tool/preparation class. You pay a very small student fee, but that’s it. Of course there are other … Continue reading
It is fall, and students are beginning to really panic about college admissions tests, such as the SAT. Here are the tentative SAT dates: 2013-14 October 2013 -Saturday, October 5, Sunday, October 6 November 2013 – Saturday, November 2, Sunday … Continue reading
here is a link for some college fairs that may be coming to a city near you. https://www.gotomyncf.com/Registration/EventSelectForState?stateName=All You never know when you will have the opportunity to find the school of your dreams!