- An open letter to students receiving standardized test scores
- Why do I have to take history and social studies?
- When should you start preparing for finals? Map to success.
- Test Scores: Whats REALLY important?
- SAT/ACT prep
- Don’t have a sit down strike about the SAT for goodness sake!
- college fairs are coming
- In a panic about SAT/ACT tests
- A quick note–I am re-doing most of my posts for this blog
- Ways to help develop your purpose and your confidence
- School difficulties and heartbreak? I can help you get your self-esteem back
- Dreams are illustrations
- A resource for grammar
- IEP time: ADA backs you up on this
- You, too can be special to the admissions officer: yes, you!
- Learning along with you
- Dyslexia poem
- Dyslexia research findings
- National dyslexia statistics
- Wiring of a Dyslexic Brain
Calendar of posts
Daily Archives: February 2, 2013
Source:http://www.prescriptionforsuccess.net/dyslexia.html#anchor_27 History of Dyslexia Dyslexia was coined by Berlin, a German ophthalmologist in 1887. Dys means bad from the Greek language; the root lexia is also from Greek which relates to the written word. In 1896 a British ophthalmologist, Hinshelwood, … Continue reading